i know it's been awhile since my last foodie post
i've been so busy in the kitchen (and out of it)
good news is i'm here now
and i have a ton of recipes to share over the next week!
this morning's is a favorite- pumpkin chocolate brownies
actually, it's more like pumpkin chocolate fudge it's so thick
and oh so good
Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl "Brownies"
1 stick chopped butter
6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tbsp flour
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a large, deep pan.
1) Melt butter and chocolate in a double broiler. Stir until smooth.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3) Put sugar, egg, and vanilla in an electric mixer. Beat until fluffy. Add flour mixture.
4) Pour the chocolate mixer into the mixer in the electric bowl.
5) Pour this into your pan.
For the Pumpkin:
1) In an electric mixer, blend sugar and cream cheese
2) Add pumpkin and beat well.
3) Add flour, vanilla, egg, and cinnamon. Combine.
4) Pour the pumpkin mixture over the brownie mixture. Swirl pumpkin as you do this.
Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
coming up this week:
black and white cookies
home-ade twix bars